Why It Matters
We’re Here When Things Go Wrong
If you have a pet emergency, please contact us immediately at (270) 526-3839. We can readily provide urgent care for your pets during regular business hours. After hours, please call the same number, leave a voice mail, and the on-call veterinarian will call you back.
We Expect the Unexpected
We hope that you’ll never need emergency pet services, but we’re here for you should the unexpected happen. Our compassionate, quick acting staff will do everything we can to assess, stabilize, and treat emergency situations.
If possible, please call us ahead of time at (270) 526-3839 so we can best prepare for your arrival.
Our emergency services include:
Acute illness or injury
Toxin or foreign body ingestion
Collapse or seizures
Have Any Questions?Call 270-526-3839
Tips for a healthy pet
What’s an Emergency?
Sometimes, it can be difficult to know what’s a pet emergency and what’s not. If you’re concerned, then we are too! In general, emergencies include but are not limited to:
- Ingestion of a toxic or poisonous substance, from human foods such as xylitol, chocolate or garlic to household cleaning agents or automotive fluids
- Hot-weather fainting, seizures, and other signs of heat stroke
- Fractures, lameness, severe lacerations, and other signs of serious trauma
- Bleeding from the orifices
- Choking, gagging, and other respiratory crises
- Eye injury
- Inability or refusal to drink water or eat food
- Lengthy periods between delivery of puppies or kittens in a litter (difficult labor)
- Unexplained disorientation, dizziness, or loss of consciousness
- Inability to urinate or defecate