Are you interested in a veterinary career?
We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our team. If you’re passionate about pets, people, and fun, complete the form below to tell us about yourself and the type of position you are interested in.
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Veterinary Nurse)
The veterinary nurse oversees in-patient care under the supervision of the veterinarian. The veterinary nurse helps to facilitate workflow by organizing tasks in a way that achieves greater efficiency and increases the level of patient care. This position requires a working knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs, common diseases, basic preventative health care recommendations, and animal behavior. The ideal candidate would have an associate’s degree in veterinary technology, a current license in the state of Kentucky, and 1-2 years of in-clinic experience. We are passionate about providing an excellent level of care for our patients and clients and are looking for a person who shares the same passion. The veterinary nurse works directly under the supervision of the veterinarian. Below is an overview of the position, and it is not meant to be a complete job description.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assisting the veterinarian with a variety of different procedures, including but not limited to surgery, dentistry, physical exams, immunizations, and euthanasia.
- Working independently to perform common technical skills: IV catheter placement, nail trims, taking and processing radiographs, recording EKG, etc.
- Caring for hospitalized patients by administering medication, feeding/watering, changing bedding, conducting physical assessments, and keeping the doctor informed on the patient’s status.
- Providing excellent customer service to our clients by keeping them up to date on their pet’s status, educating them on recommended treatments and services, accurately explaining hospital fees and policies, and going over discharge instructions in a clear and pleasant manner.
- Training veterinary assistants as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The veterinary assistant plays an integral role in our hospital, and his/her daily tasks can vary greatly from day to day. Excellent communication skills, strong knowledge of medical diseases, and ability to perform technical skills are required attributes of candidates for this position. The ideal candidate would have 1-2 years of experience, but we are willing to train the right person. The veterinary assistant operates under the direct supervision of the veterinary nurse. The following is not a complete job description but rather a summary of the responsibilities that will be placed on the veterinary assistant.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assisting with appointments to facilitate efficient workflow through the clinic for outpatient services.
- Assisting the veterinary nurse or veterinarian in obtaining laboratory samples,
- Restraining animals in a safe and compassionate manner during examinations and other procedures. Know the proper way to handle aggressive or anxious patients.
- Educate clients on the ideal care for their pets. Make hospital recommendations in a clear and compassionate manner.
- Communicate with clients regarding the medical status of their pets.
- Competently review a patient’s medical records.
- Accurately record patient history, diagnoses, treatments, medications, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Submit Your Application
Come join our team! This isn’t just a job for us, it’s our way of life!
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Please note: Monday - Friday we are closed from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm for lunch.
Ready to come see us?
Request an appointment online in minutes! We look forward to seeing you and your pet soon. Please call us if you need immediate assistance.